Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chill Day


I didn't do much today. Slept in till 10:30. So nice. Then off to the library to hop on their free wi-fi and to have my first flat white. So good. Thanks Erin for yet another useful tip!
Flat white
        These kiwis take their java very seriously. On every block there's at least 3 or 4 coffee shops.

Today I mostly hung out around the hostel. I did some laundry and looked for a car online. Very exciting!

I've met a lot of really nice people and we all went out to the bars and hung out till early the next morning. It's fun meeting so many different types of people.

Dinosaur!!!!
                     Everyone speaks English and its so funny to listen to someone from France conversing with someone from Chile. A lot is lost in translation because of their thick accents. It happens to me too, even with the Brits. It took me 2 tries to understand that "Unday's" name was not Unday, but ANDY. haha.

   
Geode in Auckland museum
I don't have many pictures of the streets of Auckland but that's because I don't feel like whipping out my giant camera while hoofing up a hill. Also, it s mostly just buildings. We all know what those look like. But  I'll force myself to take some before I leave the city.
In the meanwhile, enjoy the ensuing randomness of this post.

Fun fact for ya: everything is insanely expensive here. The cheapest meals are about
$9. A 24 pack of  Heineken is $45. Cheapest
pack of cigarettes? $13.50. So quitting is not an option, it's a necessity. I guess you have to be a gazillionare to be a smoker in NZ. It's a good thing tho.

Maori carving at museum
Fun fact 2: Mcdonalds has a lamb burger.
Fun fact 3: oncoming traffic comes at you from your right. I was almost hit twice my first day here. I


Fun facts continued: Lauren gave me the smallest, lightest most absorbent towel in the world to bring to NZ. It must be some sort of magic space towel. Thanks Lauren!

Outside of the  museum
Viva los fun facts: I take goofy self pictures. And I love photoshop to erase all my wrinkles. 





No comments:

Post a Comment