Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Backpacker Karma

I haven't done much the last few days. I've gone to the weekend car fair and bussed around Auckland looking for cars. Wandered about the city center and hung out in the hostel.
 
Andean dancers on Queen street
                                                

I love my new hostel even though I wasnt able to watch the niners play Sunday football. It's like a giant functional family. I've made some friends and met lots of people. It's been a great time. We've had movie nights, bar nights, BBQ's and poker tournaments.
Three German girls who were staying at the hostel bough this heap of crap car to travel in. I took a look at it , and couldn't understand how they were able to drive it the few blocks back to the hostel.

Since their English isn't great, I talked to the seller on the phone and he agreed to bring another car to trade for the original P.O.S. Which he did the next day. The second car seemed much better so they swapped the cars. I hope the girls don't break down during their 3 month trip. They brought me a present for helping them.  Nom. So hungry!

My gift from the Germans

No comments:

Post a Comment