Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

But wait! There's more!

I've made my home in beautiful Taupo for the next few months.
I have a job at Taste cafe in the town center. The cafe patio is across the street from the lake. The view is a huge perk!
I'm so lucky to have found a job so quickly! Digging the paycheck.
I stayed my first few nights in Taupo at the campgrounds here. I really liked this one spot on the side of the Huka falls river.
Waikato River from the campsite


Waikato River

And it was free, so appealing to my cheap side.
Visitors at my campsite. Guess I'm a messy eater. They were feasting on my crumbs.

I also found a place to live! Not bad for only being in town 5 days, eh?
My new place is awesome. The rooms are huge. It's a great, big, open house. I've met 3 outta 4 of my flatmates and they're all very nice.
It's so nice to have my things unpacked and have wifi, hot showers and a washing machine.
I'm SO EXCITED TO HAVE A KITCHEN!
But wait...there's more....
I didn't think ANYTHING could be better then having a kitchen to cook in...but this definitely trumps that.
View from the living area and deck of my place 

And a few minutes later....Beaut sunset on Lake Taupo

The views from the backyard and the 2 decks overlook Lake Taupo and Mt Ruapeho, when it's clear.
I believe I'll be drinking many early morning coffees from this deck.

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Lo! Yay for a job and an awesome place to live! I don't know what's wrong with me but I got tears in my eyes looking at your gorgeous photos!! I am SO happy for you! Looks like a fabulous Christmas already :) Miss you! xx ~L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Xmas Lauren! Thanks for reading haha
    It's nice here. I'm very excited to have a job

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a place. Miss you tho! Hope you have a fantastic Xmas and new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolomite! Sorry I haven't posted any comments on your blog for awhile but I have been checking it every week and following along with your travels. A little somebody named Elijah seems to have computer-dar and every time I sit down and go online he seems to know and starts to cry, so I always pop on real quick and then have to go even quicker! I love that you're keeping us up to date, we miss you so much! Glad you found some work and a place to live, that must have been a huge relief and so awesome to be able to unpack & settle in! Your pictures are amazing! I'm so glad you specified the kite boarding one, at first glance they totally look like a flock of birds! lol! You will fly, I believe in you! Your truck misses you too but is enjoying her spot in the backyard relaxing! Hope your Christmas was great (I know, not the same being away) but still hope you celebrated in style, remember....'just keep drinking' 'just keep drinking' lol! We had a good one, a little too much for a little guy all packed into 2 days, we all we're exhausted and took 2 days to rest and recover other than that looking forward to the New Year and having a few more days off before going back to work, boo! Miss you lots, we love you! Jake, Jal and Eli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamal! I'm so glad to hear from ya! Thanks for reading my blog- it makes me feel closer to home when I'm writing it.
    I can't imagine how busy you are, so exciting to have Eli's first Xmas!
    Right now I'm just working and saving some cash. I plan to do some fun stuff in a couple of weeks. Lake Taupo seems like a good place to try kite boarding :)
    The holidays are way different away from everyone, but ill "just keep drinking" lol! Miss you all heaps! Can't wait to see you again and I'm so excited for the wedding! There's no way I would miss that!
    Also thanks so much for taking care of my Armadillo, never thought I would miss a truck so much lol
    Have a wonderful New Year's Eve! I hope you have an easy adjustment going back to work. I'm sure all your coworkers miss you!
    Lots of love and hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete