Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

So long sucka....

I've been in Devonport for a month.
Sleeping in my car at the ferry terminal.
As far as parking lots go, it had a pretty decent view.
Auckland skyline from Devonport

And you can't beat the price....
But my Navy friends left to go back to Canadia. And I'm very eager to start my travels again and continue my NZ exploring.
Fantastic peeps. Canucks rock! NZ ain't the same without 'em.

It's funny. I was getting comfortable in Devonport, despite my restlessness. But people really do make the place. And with my new friends gone, Devonport seems....well, empty.
I had a great time there, lots of fun and memories. Now, I am so excited to drive south to Raglan today.
Plus, my sedentary lifestyle really let me pack on the lb's. Time to get moving.
All that hard labor at the vineyard! Down the drain. I need to work and workout!
So,
Catch you later Auckland harbor.
Auckland harbor from my parking lot


See you again, Patriot! Best damn pub! Your chips and Boddingtons made me fluffy. *fist shake*
Car bomb on the upper patio at the Patriot

Goodbye, Mt Vic and North Head.
Looking east from Mt Vic onto Devonport, Auckland harbor and North Head


So long, Stone Oven, and their awesome staff, you were my home away from car.

Peace out, awesome banyan tree that lives next to the library - a.k.a. my free wi-fi and private commode.
Badass

I met lots of wonderful people and had a great time! More adventures (and a diet) to come.
Oh, and I received this.
It was blessed

Isn't it beautiful?
It's a gift from the incredibly nice and generous and all around awesome Peor, Commissionaire at the navy base.
It's a whopper too. So sweet.

Meeting wonderful people seems to be my good fortune here in NZ....

No comments:

Post a Comment