Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

I miss my family and friends and am wishing I could go to the annual crab feed!
Technically, New Year's Day was yesterday. But I worked 16.5 hours, I was too busy to acknowledge it!
....wait for it....
It's a brand spanking new 2013!
Woohoo!

Even though I was working, I was able to watch some of the fireworks over lake Taupo.
Lucky me, they were going off in front of my works patio.



The view from both my jobs is spectacular!




And the people I work with at my evening job are incredibly nice and super fun! So I still had a great NYE, despite being on the clock with my nose to the grindstone.

I only have 8.5 more months here and I'm overwhelmed with happiness and excitement for all the opportunities in my future NZ travels.
Being able to travel, explore, meet new people- it's all amazing. But it also increases my gratitude for the very special family and friends I have waiting for me when I get home. You guys are all irreplaceable! I am so lucky to have so much!
Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. We miss you too Lo! Happy New Year! 2013 is going to be such an amazing year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you Lauren! Happy New Year! I hope 2013 is an amazing year for both of us! :)

    ReplyDelete