Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Staff Party,

The bar I work at, the Pub 'n' Grub, had a staff party on Friday.
The whole thing was a big mystery. The entire bar shut down for the day so we could party. It all started at 2, when we filed onto a chartered bus and drove to the first secret destination.


Party Bus!

I had my guesses, I thought we might be going to BBQ somewhere, or picnic... I was so wrong.
The first stop was at Rapids Jet, http://www.rapidsjet.com/
I'm so stoked!!!!!

So awesome!
Me and Helena

We all got on the jet boat, and ripped down the Waikato River,
All set for some jet boating excitement

It was all spins and jumps off the rapids. I swear I almost flew outta the boat.

Everyone was completely soaked at the end and my cheeks hurt from laughing so much. It was so fun!
The other boat jumping the rapids

I wish I had more photos but I needed both hands to hold onto the safety bar for the majority of the time. :)
We had time for some more beers, to counteract all our adrenaline, before it was back onto the bus and onto the next surprise.
We need refills!

My expectations had already been blown away. I was so happy I got to do the jet boat ride while I was in Taupo.

So when our bus pulled into the Taupo Bungy parking lot, the whole lot of us started cheering!
The Bungy platform over Waikato River

We all got to do the Bungy swing, so much fun! http://www.taupobungy.co.nz/activities/cliff-hanger
We walked in pairs out onto a platform high above the Waikato river.
My swing partner, Helena!, and I getting photo bombed by T.I.

Me, leaning over the platform, with the cliffs and river behind me

Then we got strapped into harnesses,
Jade and Courtney all strapped in

then strapped together (tandem swing) then connected to what is basically a Bungy/zip line/swing hybrid. Then we hung out past the platform.
Cam and Tess 

T.I. and Nicky about to take the plunge

And off we went.
Super butterfly tummy! 

It was siiiiiiiiick!
I screamed, a little, lol
The tiny blob in the bottom/middle of the pic are people on the swing

Next stop was the last of the night.
We got dropped off at the local motorcycle club for a private BBQ and open bar.
The patio of the Lake Taupo Riders club

Grubbing down, Everyman for themself!

Brenda, the owner, on the left. Such an awesome boss!

Hamming it up

We all grubbed on burgers and then got down to the serious business of drinking.
Let the drinking games commence


Drinking games galore. These games are not for the faint of heart.
This game involved wearing a box on your head, bwahahaha

I don't even know why they call them games, it should just be called Drink Everything, NOW.
Thumb on the table, Box Head!

I had a great time. And took lots of pictures until my camera battery died.
Showing some drunk love

 Which is probably for the best since by the end of the night, there was crazy dancing, and throwing people onto the pool table,  and all sorts of shenanigans.
Linda's boys taught me how to do some Maori weaving with flax leaves

I'm so proud of my woven flowers 

I had so much fun! I felt really, really fortunate to be able to do all these awesome things with such fun people.
The beginning of the end, commence countdown to ridiculousness


No comments:

Post a Comment