Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hamilton Tattoo Expo

I went to a tattoo expo over the weekend. I'm looking to get my tat covered up and I wanted to take a peek at what some of the artists in NZ had to offer.
Plus, I was really looking forward to the MMA fights that were scheduled!
The fights were supposed to be on from 12 to 4. So I moseyed around the expo for an hour. Then grabbed 2 beers and settled down in the arena. I was all set to chill out for a few hours and watch some ass kicking. But 5 minutes after I sat down, the last fight was over and the lights went off. Lol
I guess a bunch of the fights were finished in the first round and quite a few fighters pulled out at the last minute.
"Good morn' sir, fancy a bully tattoo?"

Oh well, I still had a good time seeing all the artists on display and people watching.
This guy travels to the expos with the artist to show off his masterpiece

240 hours of tattoo work. Pfffftttt. Is that all?

Most of the tattooing I saw was retro or Maori style, not really what I'm looking for but the talent was still very impressive.

There was a lot more then just tattooing on display.
Lots of booths selling Hot Topic overstock 


Destroy the brain and sever the head.

I was able to see graphic artists.
Graffiti Art. I've always dug the Cheshire Cat for some reason. 

Graffiti on display

Surfboard graphic design

Stunning art in progress

There was a Ms. Tattoo New Zealand contest.

Body painting.
Another impressive display of artistry

Airbrush body painting

A few hours later.

I didn't see the finished work, the process I watched was taking several hours. But I think she's almost finished. 

And even some stunt bikes.
"Did you reinforce the take-off ramp?"
"No. We didn't have time"
"Cool......"

Sweeeeeeeet.



Whhhhhhhiskey!!!!

My name is Rod and I like to party



No comments:

Post a Comment