Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

River Rat

Woohoo!


I went white water rafting for the first time. It was so much fun.
I went with Tongariro River Rafting http://www.trr.co.nz/
It was a 3 hour trip through incredibly scenic canyons and fun rapids.
Canyon wall
  

Rapids

It was a chill ride but that didn't stop me from almost falling out of the boat a few times.
Goofy

There were lots of mini waterfalls in the canyon 

Partway through the trip we stopped to jump off the cliffs into the river. The cliff was deceptively high. It was a fun jump. Probably the highest I've done in 10 years at least.... I'm getting old.
The guide

The River

The water was pretty cold. But I was all geared up in a wetsuit and splash jacket. So I was nice and toasty for the day.

I had an awesome time. I'm excited to have more river adventures!


4 comments:

  1. Looks so fun! How'd you get photos? Did you get a waterproof camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi L! Yeah I brought along my waterproof camera. It's the same one I took on our trip through the subway. It takes awful photos though. I don't know if you remember, but the Subway water was too cold and it started malfunctioning.... It hasn't been the same since. Still, it's really nice to have a worry free camera to bring in the water and some of the pics turn out ok. Miss you! When are you visiting me? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gcex! Wish I was going to be back in time to take advantage of your 2013 deals. I guess I'll have to shoot for 2014, your trips look amazing.

    ReplyDelete