Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Americans are coming!

Woohoo! The Americans have arrived!
Ben, Pat, Joe and their friend Gilbert are traveling the North Island for a few weeks.
After some communication finagling we met at Orewa holiday park Monday evening.
We grabbed some dinner and supplies (liquor and cookies for me).
Then got back to the park for a beautiful beach-side sunset.
Orewa beach


It turned into a late night. It was so good to see friends and hang out! I learned about 8 new ways to play poker and held onto my $5 buy-in for a couple hours. I'm so proud.
The next morning I parked my car on the roadside and hopped into their Subaru to drive up to kauri forest in northland and back to the best damn holiday park, again!

Hello zip line.


Fancy meeting you here.


.....I've missed you....

Ho-hum just another NZ beach side sunset



Today was a quiet day. One of those days where you can cram 5 people into a Subie and drive 3 hours with hardly a peep.
This quiet day was brought to you by bourbon.


But we rallied.
We got to the holiday park. And of course it was raining. So we went for a short hike through the Kauri forest then stopped to watch the last half of the niners game and eat the BEST FISH AND CHIPS in New Zealand. The locals remembered me from when I was here a month ago. That's how awesome the Kiwi's are.



Then it was back to the park where the sun made a welcomed appearance. The guys played soccer for a bit. I declined after gorging  so much on dinner. Then Ben played guitar for a bit.

Afterwards there were a few games of dominoes and we rode the zip line till we got kicked off for being too rowdy after hours. So we walked to the nearby bridge and scoped out the beautiful glow worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment