Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Migrant labor

So not much has happened in the past week. I've been staying in Russell working at the Parou Bay winery.
The couple I work for is very nice and the works been easier after I got over my initial soreness.
A lake on the west coast of northland. Wee bit stormy that day. 

 I've been getting eaten alive by the fleas in the field tho. Nasty little buggers! Tiny too, but oh they pack a punch.
Another winery pic. It's gorgeous here

Today is Saturday. We were supposed to work but its pouring rain here, so we have the day off. My car sprung a leak. POS. But I have it parked under an overhang so hopefully it will stay dry.
View from the barn at sunset

So it's another day hanging in the barn with the 2 girls I'm working with. Just thought I'd throw some random stuff up on the old blog.





My winery bosses' baby bunny. He lasted about 2 days before going to the carrot patch in the sky

I'm learning a little German and Spanish from my co-workers. Important stuff. Like how to say "gimme all your money, or I'll kill you" (Spanish). And "I love you" (German). Now I'm all set for more worldly travels.
Found this in our barn. I can dig it. 


I drank with the girls last night and we passed around Sophia's epilady and did our legs. Lol. That is some painful business!
My hip. Surfing wound

So awesome! I'm definitely buying one.
Aw yeah. Just took my cold, outdoor shower for the day. Living the life of luxury.
View from The hill top estate where my shower is located


Just a few more days left here. Then I have tentative plans to fly to Queenstown. Looking forward to ending my lucrative career in migrant labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment