Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekend update with hobomite

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
Weekends!
I've almost forgotten what they feel like...
With my new super dope job I get 2 consecutive days off a week. I really don't care which days they are, it's a weekend. And it's awesome.
The past few days the weathers been warm and the days beautiful.
The recent snow is almost gone from the mountains.
I've had a few nights out on the town (fun but expensive). I always seem to end up at Cowboys...
Sophie and the stuffed bear at cowboys

There are so many pubs here, I really should expand my drinking horizons.
The little alley that leads to my favorite watering holes.

I love my new place. My flatmate is so cool.
This is hanging in the bathroom of my new place. So cool.

 And with such a spectacular view from my lounge it's also nice to just relax at home and take it all in.
Sunset on the lake

 I especially love my early mornings. There's nothing like starting your day off with a pot of coffee and a mountain sunrise.
Sun rising and clouds snowing on the Remarkables

Sunrise from my kitchen

Now that I've moved out I still hang out with my backpacker buds from the hostel. I've met so many nice people here in Queenstown.
Stay classy, Queenstown.


One of the locals that I befriended took me fishing yesterday.
I was so stoked! Oh man, I miss fishing.
I never, ever thought I could miss an object. Sad but true.
I miss my fishing pole. Not as much as my truck, tho.
The Armadillo has a special place in my heart.
I find myself gazing at this photo often. 

Speaking of  vehicles, I finally put my door panel back on the P.O.S. I drive in NZ. It's been off for a month while I tried to figure out how to fix the window without buying new parts.
Stoopid car. A least it doesn't look like this anymore.

My solution? Don't roll down the window.
Problem solved. Ungh.
Anyhoo.
Fishing was great. I even landed a decent sized Rainbow. I gut hooked him so there was no way to catch and release.
Poor fishy. Nobody wants to die at the hands of a goofy midget. It's just undignified. 

Too bad.... At least he was delicious.
So purty
Homemade fish and chips

I had a great day out on the river. It was so awesome to have a line in again.
My friend, Mike, caught an eel. Shudder.

I believe a new fishing pole is in the cards....
Sun setting on the mountains after a day of fishing

1 comment:

  1. Such amazing pics! Those views are just gorgeous! I can totally feel what those mornings must be like with coffee in hand, the morning air on your face and the sunrise just about to peak-what a way to start your day, just amazing!

    ReplyDelete