Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My week


 I'm having a wonderful time in Queenstown!
I joined a gym. It's such a luxury to have a membership, plus I feel like less of a nomad for belonging to a club. Haha.
I love my place but I'm in the process of finding a new one. Unfortunately, my short term residence is nearing its end. So I'm trying to not take anything for granted, like the view and my big fluffy bed, because I've been so lucky to have them these past weeks.
In the meantime, I've enjoyed some nights out on the town.
Ah cowboys!

Cowboys....
Jo aka Little Spoon, cowgirling it up

Jamie- the bandit of Cowboys

So predictable.
Inside cowboys...note the revolver taps and antler chandelier hahaha

Post cowboys

I've played a game or two of disc golf.

Duck pond between holes 18 and 1 

The lake from the gardens/disc golf course 

Prepare yourself for the following epic action pics.
Ready, set, action!
Uh.
We can try again...

There's no laughing in disc golf!

Showing some heart, finally


That's how you action frisbee. Stone cold face. Eyes on the prize.


And I completely LOVE my job. My coworkers are awesome and I really dig talking to the customers and selling them fun gear.
Last week we had a week function at a steak house and hit the town up after. This week we've had a few technical sessions.
Love this sign at my job

Basically, brand representatives come in to talk about their product. Sometimes this involves movies, beer, pizza and free shwag! Can I really be getting paid for this?
The AR-15's in our gun department 


The super sweet German girls that I did the Routeburn track with left for Australia.
Minus 5  ice bar


Fiona. My fantastic roommate! 

Kate aka Killer. My other temp roommate.

So the Bumbles girls had a going away party for them, and we all went to the ice bar called Minus 5.
Sophie and Annalisa on their last night 

Eric and Dom- the unofficial Bumbles mascots

It turned into a big, long and fun night.
Bumbles girls

Me and Jess


Ice sculpture at the bar
Jess, ex-roomie, total crack-up, and my Fergburger hook up

Winter is here and QT is beautiful. I can't wait to go boarding.
The approaching winter from my back deck

2 comments:

  1. Love these pics, it's looks like you're having a blast and meeting so many great people! Such a bummer you have to move, hope you find something just as badass! I'll see if Jake can grab your gear out of your truck this weekend and will let you know when it's on the way so you can hit up those gorgeous snow covered mountains! So jealous! Miss you, wish we were there! Can't wait for you to be back home xoxox's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you Jal! You're the best! I can't wait to be back home and see ya! Love you! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete